Present: Rick Levinson, Mary Buchanan, Chris Lagarde, Deborah Aker, Betsy Kirkpatrick, Brad Fregger
1. Meeting brought to order at 7:45 P.M. at Betsy’s. Minutes of the February 21, 2005 approved as amended.
2. Background check for rental properties ‚Äì The Board discussed the idea of urging those who have rental property available to have background checks run on anyone who wishes to rent the property. The lawyer will be contacted to see if this could be required. Chris will make up an information sheet to inform residents of the potential for problems with renters that these checks can hopefully eliminate.
3. Pool Report ‚Äì Logan has installed the bands on top of the gate posts. Roger Aker will oversee ant control at the pool. Madeline Brock will be mowing at least at the start of this season.
4. Social events ‚ÄìRain caused cancellation of the Hay Ride until fall 2005. Deborah will have Roger pick a date in May for a pool dinner/dance. A Mexican theme was set. If the gate is completed, a unveiling will be held and Logan invited. Mary will reserve the boat with Just for Fun for Guru Purnamah on July 21.
5. Utility Fence ‚Äì Troy installed the (Burgess) utility fence and it looks great. The Board will wait 1 year to see how it weathers before staining it. The Board voted to replace the broken down box by the dome pending a bid from Troy.
6. Lighting ‚Äì No progress.
7. Web Site development ‚Äì No progress
8. Chipper Day ‚Äì April 2 – Mary will schedule times for members to sign up to help so manpower is staggered.
9. Exterior of Royal Garden Homes ‚Äì It has been brought to the Board’s attention that the appearance of some properties exteriors is in decline. List of badly needed repairs will be developed by Betsy and Chris and given to the ABC to address.
10. The board discussed changing the date of the General Membership Meeting so it doesn‚Äôt coincide with Austin City Limits. It was decided to have the membership vote to change the by-laws and move it to the 3rd Sat. in October. Betsy will research what needs to be done to do this.
Meeting adjourned 9:00 P.M.
Next Board meeting. – Mon. April 18, 2005 – 7:30 at Rick’s.
Respectfully Submitted, Mary Buchanan RPOA Secretary