RPOA Board Meeting w/ RWSC and ABC‚ May 21, 2005

Present: Rick Levinson, Mary Buchanan, Deborah Aker, Betsy Kirkpatrick, Chris Lagarde Absent: Brad Fregger RWSC Madeline Brock, Cliff Finley, Roger Kew ABC: Jeanine Christensen, Lynne Levinson, John Burgess Guests: Terry Shaw & Troy Maynor

1. Meeting brought to order at 7:45 P.M. at Mary’s. Minutes of the April 18, 2005 approved as amended.

2. Utility Box – Troy replaced the dome utility box for $400 ($100 below his bid).

3. Crystal Garden Home Lights ‚Äì Mary found some lights but Rick felt they would send light too high. He will continue the search. The step lights by Lary’s seem to be staying lit now after Troy did some work on them.

4. Pool Report РThe composting toilet had broken, sending raw sewage into the bottom drawer before “aging” had even started. Troy cleaned out the mess and repaired the unit and it is now functioning fine. John Morgan from Pool Aide, our pool consultant will be coming out this week to help Jeanine with various questions about our pool. She will ask him about switching to the salt chlorination system. The number of Friend of Radiance memberships will be monitored to see if further advertising is necessary. Chris suggested mailings to everyone in Goldenwood and perhaps Goldenwood West.

5. Rainwater collection system ‚ÄìMary Buchanan has requested permission to install a rainwater collection system behind her home. The ABC felt it would be good to meet with the RPOA Board and Radiance Water Supply Corp. to discuss this proposal. Various pros and cons to individual and collective rainwater collection systems were discussed including increase or decrease in property values, loss of revenues to RWSC, aesthetic issues, and placement concerns. A committee was formed of John Burgess, Roger Kew, and Troy Maynor to study the possibilities of placement of individual systems (Charles Gibson resource) and a possible community system (Kent Butler resource). They will report to the RPOA Board and have a proposal ready for the GMM in October. Mary’s requested system will be shelved until that time.

6. Pool Gate Arch complete – Logan Hirsh has completed the arch over the gate. It was inaugurated at the Mexican pool dinner/dance on May 21. Logan was appreciated for his wonderful, creative work. The total cost was $1,200 for materials and labor.

Meeting adjourned 9:15 P.M.

Next Board meeting – Mon. June 20, 2005 – 7:30 at Rick’s.

Respectfully Submitted,

Mary Buchanan RPOA Secretary

Posted in Board Minutes.