RPOA Board Meeting‚ January 17, 2005

Present: Rick Levinson, Mary Buchanan, Chris Lagarde, Deborah Aker, Brad Fregger

Absent: Betsy Kirkpatrick

1. Meeting brought to order at 7:40 P.M. at Mary’s. Minutes of the November 15, 2004 approved as amended.

2. Crystal Garden Home step lighting ‚Äì Rick took this project on from Mary. He held a meeting with CGH homeowners and got no clear path to take. The Board agreed to try a string of lights similar to those used at Lary’s steps without the leaf pattern that sends some light upwards to

see how the homeowners feel about them. Rick will check with the electrician to see if they can be put on sensors. The light at Meyers steps was discussed and the Board decided to change it to a fixture that send no light upwards, such as the one that will be used at CGH. Motion sensors will also be added to the Meyers and Lary lights if possible.

3. Children work hours at Workfare ‚Äì A large group showed up at last Saturday’s workfare. The question of how parents are to count children’s time was discussed again. As was previously decided before by the Board, parents are responsible for determining how their children’s hours are comparable to adult work hours.

4. Burgess Utility Fence – Boyd did a great job of pouring the retaining wall/curb/steps around the fence area. Metal pipes were set in the cement at the corners and half way across each side. These posts can now be used to attach the new fence. Boyd ended up pouring more cement and doing more work than originally bid upon so the final bill from him was $2,200 instead of the $1,800 but it was necessary to do the job right. Troy has an idea of how the fence could be constructed but has not yet checked on the cost for materials. Jeanine C. also has an idea of how it could be designed. The Board will decide the final design for this prototype fence next month.

5. Memorial Orchard – Lia has again asked Rick about where trees could be planted in memory of loved ones. Terry Shaw has suggested planting along the median of Royal Way and in the crescent in front of the dome parking lot. Rick will consult with Terry on possible tree sites.

6. Hayride & Chili Cook-off – The Board set the date for February 19. The Wizard Academy has given permission to use their bonfire area. Mary will arrange the event.

7. Radiance Website – Brad is willing to work on developing the site and will contact Bill C. about doing so.

8. Property Lines with enlarged fences at Condos – Chris has arranged for our lawyer to draw up a document that the Royal Garden Home and the Crystal Garden Home homeowners will sign. Though the fence lines that extend beyond the homeowners legal property line have been given extension permission by the RPOA, the RPOA maintains ownership of that land.

9. Septic Grinder Pumps for lift Station – Roger Kew has put a lot of time into researching the replacement and improvement of the septic lift station. He is proposing replacing the existing grinder and adding the needed back-up grinder. New electrical connections are also necessary. Previously, only one grinder was going to be purchased but it appears that the only way to use both grinders is to have two new ones. Roger will make a full report to the Board. The total cost will be approx. $5,000.

Meeting adjourned 9:10 P.M.

Next Board meeting. – Mon. February 21, 2005 – 7:30 at Mary’s

Respectfully Submitted,

Mary Buchanan

RPOA Secretary

Posted in Board Minutes.