Radiance Property Owner’s Association Board Meeting – July 17, 2006

Present: Rick Levinson, Mary Buchanan, Chris Lagarde, Deborah Aker
and Troy Maynor Absent: Betsy Kirkpatrick
1. Meeting called to order at 7:40 P.M at Mary’s. Minutes of the
June 12, 2006 meeting approved as amended.
2. Pool Report – We have collected $6,060 in pool memberships.
Garreth Pollard is going to install a water saving head on the shower
to help ensure water conservation. The electric bill for last month
was $200 but the pumps need to run 24/7 to keep algae from growing.
Troy will install the “No Diving” tiles after the next potluck when
the Board decides where to place them. He will also change the
security light setting so it goes off after 5 minutes so we can swim
in total darkness. It has been suggested that next year we give
returning members a discount and also have a $ incentive to anyone
who brings a new member to the pool.
3. Full Moon Boat Ride – The evening was a success. 48 people signed
up to go and 44 came. A guest took lots of pictures that are on the
Radiance web site.
4. Septic field mow – Mary will see when Roger can mow the septic
field. If he cannot do it soon, she will try to get it mowed by
someone else.
5. Covenants – The Board authorized paying Sharla Kew to work on
getting the Radiance Covenants converted.
6. Mail Station – The ABC has requested that the Radiance Foundation
bulletin board at the Mail station be changed to the ABC board. The
RF items will be moved to the side bulletin board. The wasp
population seems to be less with regular spraying. Mary will
continue this.
7. Radiance Web Site – Bill and Jeanine are continuing to embellish
the site with more information, links and a calendar. The Board is
going to ask Ed Fasanella to write an introduction to our community
for the first page. Many thanks to Bill and Jeanine for all the time
they are donating. The RPOA gave them a small amount to cover some
of their time, but most is being donated.
8. Crystal Garden Homes – Rick will contact Harvey to set up the 2
light trial run system. If the homeowners like the fixtures, they
will be permanently installed.
9. Financial Report – The Board reviewed the May report. Cliff will
meet with the accountant to try to make our bookkeeping escrow system
better.
10. RWSC Board meeting – Rick and Betsy attended the meeting. Rick
reported that they have 3 plans for augmenting our current well
system. 1. Have the old well scoped to see what it would take to
repair the sleeve. 2. Dig the new well deeper. 3. Dig a 3rd well
where an earlier dowsing showed there to be water. It was also
mentioned that LCRA will be putting water into Rim Rock and GWW may
tap into them. It would be fairly easy for us to tap into them and
use LCRA water. Roger also mentioned that he had spoken to Kent
Butler at UT about his study which found that is wasn’t feasible to
use community rainwater collection off of existing roofs since so few
members water lawns.
11. Dome Concerns – No meeting has been set.
Meeting adjourned 9:00 P.M
Next Board meeting – Mon. September 18, 2006 – 7:30 – 2007 Budget
Meeting with Cliff
Respectfully Submitted,
Mary Buchanan RPOA Secretary

Posted in Board Minutes.