Minutes of the RPOA Board Meeting
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 6 Concord Circle.
Board Members Present: Mary Buchanan, Elota Patton, Katie Raver, Betsy Kirkpatrick
Non board members present: Neil Carman, Steve Klayman, Mike Kannan
Board Members not Present: Cliff Finley
The meeting was called to order at 7:36 PM.
The meeting began with 5 minutes of meditation/ contemplative silence.
Discussion, motions, and action items:
- Reviewed minutes from June 11 and June 14 board meetings. Betsy made a motion to amend the June 11 minutes to reflect that the Snell engagement cover letter/ contract plus the proxy language from Barry Crowley were reviewed and rejected unanimously at that time. Elota seconded. Motion passed unanimously and the minutes will be revised.
- Firewise Report
Elota formally submitted our Firewise application with 290 hours of community work on making our yards and land Firewise, and they’ll let us know when they approve it.
As July 4th is coming up and there is a burn ban in place, Mary suggested and the board agreed to educate residents about the need for no fireworks.
Action item: Elota to mail the Firewise list about no fireworks.
Action item: Mary to put up signs at the mail station, in the mail station slots, and on the RadianceTalk list regarding no fireworks.
3. From Mary – POA printer stopped working and she bought a new one so we have a printer we can use for handouts etc.
4. Discussed attorney meeting with Jason Snell last week. Mary agreed to reimburse herself for the fee, as she wrote a personal check for the cost of the meeting.
Action Item: Mary to reimburse herself for covering the meeting cost for the RPOA board.
5. From Mary: Mary Jane came up with delinquent POA dues letters. Tabled until July 9 meeting.
6. Voted unanimously to appoint Betsy Kirkpatrick as interim president until October, with help for community communications because her schedule does not allow her to take on all related tasks at the moment.
7. Tabled discussion about filling the board vacancy until July 9.
Moved into Executive session to discuss personnel matters, legal issues, contracts.
Regular meetings: July 9, no meeting planned for August, September 10.
Adjourned at 9:22pm.
Version/ Date / Description:
D1 / June 28, 2018 / Draft submitted to board for review and edits.
D2 / June 28, 2018 / Revisions from KR.
APPR / July 9, 2018 / Approved.
Submitted by: KR, RPOA Board Secretary