RPOA Board Meeting Minutes – November 13, 2017

Minutes of the RPOA Board Meeting

Monday, November 13, 2017 at 4 Concord Circle.

Board Members Present: Mary Buchanan, Betsy Kirkpatrick, Cliff Finley, Elota Patton, Katie Raver

Others Present: Troy Maynor

Board Members not Present: Mary Jane Daniels

The meeting was called to order at 7:37 PM, and the Minutes of the November meeting were approved as amended.

The minutes for general membership meeting on October 21 were referenced and will be sent by email for board review and approval.

The following items were discussed:

  1. The board approved the following positions:

Vice President – Betsy Kirkpatrick

Treasurer – Cliff Finley

Secretary – Katie Raver

2.  Roads Report from Troy: Jim Covington came out and surveyed 9 private driveways and reviewed ribbon curbs.  He says most of the ribbon curves are in good shape – 1 needs repair near the Royal Garden Homes.  Attention is also needed to the road edge around the speed bumps. The pool parking lot was not surveyed.

Action Item: Mary to get an additional bid for pool parking lot from Jim Covington and one more bid from another company regarding roads.

Action Item:  Troy to put up one set of reflectors near the first speed bump to find out if it will help change the driving pattern.

3.  Pool Report from Mary.

Pool is closed for the year.

Action Item: Mary to contact Spectrum to find out if we can shut off pool wifi for half the year.

4.  Septic

Action Item: Mary to contact a consultant to come and look at the septic system and do a review.

5. Spectrum

Action Item:  Mary to provide the neighborhood Spectrum bill to Cliff so he can review.

Action Item: Cliff to review Spectrum bills.

6. Recognizing past board members

The board agreed to recognize Tim Meyer’s past service with a thank you card and $40 gift card.

7.  Radiance sign

The board agreed to hire Bill Bailey to clean and repaint/ revitalize the main Radiance entrance sign and the small sign near Goldenwood.  Troy will take the signs down and transport them to save the moving fee.

Action Item:  Mary to contact Wizard Academy and request they get a bigger sign for Chapel Dulcinea.

8.  Communicating with Members

Action Item:  Katie to create a list of all current communications and a suggested newsletter format/ frequency/ delivery method so the board can communicate directly with all members via regular email.

9.  Becoming a Fire Wise Community

Mary is working on a  Sunday, December 17 at 7pm (could change) – fire chief will be here to meet at the Dome to discuss a fire protection plan. Forest Service can certify us as a fire wise community and provide training on how to shelter in place, plan for fire emergencies, evacuate, etc.

10. Black Wedding Update

There was a meeting November 12 among interested parties.  This Saturday, November 18, a sound check is planned for several hours to approximate expected sound levels at the Black Event Venue at different times of the day.  Information will be distributed about this sound check soon.

11.  Nominating Process for soliciting new board members every year.

Action Item:  Betsy to work on a proposed process.

12.  Parking lots.

Parking lot use is being addressed by the ABC.

Next meeting: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 7:30pm

The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.

Version/ Description:

1 / Draft submitted to board for review and edits.

2 / Corrections added, submitted by EP and MJD.

APPROVED / Approved by all board members.

Submitted by: KR, RPOA Board Secretary