Present: Rick Levinson, Mary Buchanan, Deborah Aker, Troy Maynor and
Saismatie Bagnola Absent: Chris Lagarde
1. Meeting called to order at 7:50 P.M at Mary’s. Minutes of the April 2, 2008 meeting approved as amended. (No March Meeting)
2. Septic Maintenance Fee – SMF – It was noted that Mary did not include the decision to go to a flat rate for all septic users starting in 2010 in the Board minutes of January. 08. Mary will write them a letter explaining the increase and why a flat rate is fair.
3. Pool Report – The pool has opened for the 2008 swim season. The addition of a roof over the shade structure was discussed and Troy will make a drawing and submit a bid for the work. No electricians have been found to install the security light at the gate. A design for a security gate was proposed and Troy will make a bid for construction of a gate.
4. Roads Report – The Board discussed the suggestion by Susan Beck that 30 mph speed limit signs be placed on Crystal Hill drive for safety. Sais has contacted the county about how to go about this procedure. The other POA’s will be included in the discussion. Sais will call Susan with the contact information and ask her if she wants to pursue the installation. The addition of a center line was also discussed.(County did this on it’s own!)
5. Utility Boxes – A box need to be installed in the Royal Garden Homes beside John Moss’ 3 bedroom as a falling tree took out the old one. The box in front of Lary’s is also in very bad condition. The Board decided to meet next month and go see the hardiwood wall at a residence on Nutty Brown Road. If the Board approves the material, Troy will create a bid for replacement of those 2 boxes.
6. Mail Station Refurbishing – The Board discussed the power washing and staining of our mail station. This decision will be tabled until the next meeting.
Wasps have again taken up residence in the roof and at least one member has been stung. Mary has treated with wasp spray and is leaving a can at the station for further spraying. She will purchase the stronger spray and use it to try to eliminate them completely. She will also go into the station when Les is there delivering mail and try to dislodge the nests.
7. Septic Field Mowing – Russell Skeen can no longer mow the septic fields. Troy has a tractor with a belly mower and is now mowing the fields. He is charging $60/hr. The fields cost about $200 per mow. That is $50 more than we paid Russell but Troy is mowing a larger area (Russell was not mowing all the fields).
8. Financial Report – The financials for January, February, and March were accepted.
Meeting adjourned at 9:45 P.M.
Next Board meeting – Wed. July 2, 2008 – 7:30 P.M.
Respectfully Submitted, Mary Buchanan RPOA Secretary