Present: Rick Levinson, Mary Buchanan, Deborah Aker, and Troy Maynor
Absent: Chris Lagarde & Saismatie Bagnola
1. Meeting called to order at 7:50 P.M at Rick’s. Minutes of the
September 19, 2007 meeting approved as read.
2. Chipper Day – The entire pile at the Dome parking lot was chipped.
There was concern about lack of volunteer help. This is a recurring
concern. There was a time when Cliff (who needs no more hours) was
chipping by himself. Some people who said they would be there didn’t
call and didn’t show up. Next Chipper Day we will need to call
everyone so the same people (who don’t need hours) do the work.
Otherwise we will have to pay outsiders to do it and raise dues. The
“remains” at the parking lot need to be swept into piles to be loaded
onto a trailer to be dumped. Lia will pay $150 for her share of the
chipper rental ($455.70).
3. Mail Station security – Goldenwood’s mail station was vandalized
this week. Our mail station has the same unsafe door structure. Troy
will replace our wooden door with a metal door and frame. The Board
approved spending $500 on this.
4. Financials – The Board approved the August and September financial reports.
5. Septic Maintenance Fee – At the General Membership meeting the
membership voted to have the Board take over collection of the
wastewater fee from RWSC. It will be re-named SMF (Septic Maintenance
Fee) and will be charged monthly separate from the RPOA Dues.
The Board discussed what would be the most equitable and efficient
fee structure. A final decision will be made at the next meeting.
6. Tree Trimming – Angelo trimmed tree limbs overhanging Crystal
Garden Homes. Mary will contact him to do the Royal Garden homes.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 P.M.
Next Board meeting – Wed. January 16, 2008 – 7:30 P.M. at Mary’s