Radiance is a small, quiet community (pop. 80-100) about 20 miles southwest of downtown Austin. It was originally founded as “an ideal village practicing Transcendental Meditation™ programs.” More recently it’s been home as well to families with children in Austin Waldorf School, spiritually-oriented people, and just plain folks.
The neighborhood itself is made up of 36 homes (and 6 undeveloped lots) on about 65 acres. 18 residences are duplexes or townhomes, and the rest are single family residential homes.
Community potlucks are held at the pool alternating Sundays in the summer, and the community joins together for other events too.
Events and Recent Posts
- May 19 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm - Early Bird tickets on sale now! A wonderful return performance on Sitar by Reshma, who has mastered the instrument and has delighted audiences all over the world. Reshma Shrivastava has been performing on Sitar since she was 8 years old. She is …Read More »
- Dec 17 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Read More »
- Nov 11 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Get It Right the First Time: David Will on Successful Trees for Central Texas Named Certified Landscape Professional Contractor #2 by Texas Nursery & Landscape Association, David Will has in-depth knowledge of all phases of landscaping acquired through both formal …Read More »
- Oct 08 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm - This Sunday, instead of meeting and eating at the pool, we will be at the Radiance Dome. The reason for this is a special presentation that will immediately follow the meal. POTLUCK DINNER AND SPECIAL SPEAKER from India This SUNDAY, Oct.8 at …Read More »
- May 21 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Radiance Community Pool 2017 Potluck Schedule Potlucks are held every other Sunday evening at 7:00 P.M. Bring a vegetarian dish, bread, salad, or dessert and dishes/place settings __________________________________________ May 7 May 21 June 4 June 18 July 2 July 16 …Read More »
- May 18 2017 - May 21 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm - Private Workshop (Contact Katie Raver's friend Mary Ann Reynolds for details)Read More »
- May 13 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm - Private workshop. See Gwendolyn Terra (John Burgess' girlfriend) for detailsRead More »
- Apr 29 2017 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Private workshop. See Stephanie Roughton for details.Read More »
- Feb 19 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Please join us as we share stories of the Crystal Earth Project, a global initiative with Austin roots “Born in Radiance” Sunday, February 19th from 2-4 pm • Radiance Golden Dome, 108 Royal Way, Austin 78737 A 30 YEAR JOURNEY …Read More »
- Mar 11 2017 @ All Day - The Dome will be in use for a private function all day on Saturday March 11.Read More »