Radiance is a small, quiet community (pop. 90-100) about 20 miles southwest of downtown Austin. It was originally founded as “an ideal village practicing Transcendental Meditation™ programs.” More recently it’s been home as well to families with children in Austin Waldorf School, spiritually-oriented people, and just plain folks.
The neighborhood itself is made up of 34 homes (and 7 undeveloped lots) on about 65 acres. 18 residences are duplexes or townhomes, and the rest are single family residential homes.
It includes a 70-foot diameter meditation dome, a community pool, and many acres of community-owned greenbelt.
Community potlucks are held at the pool alternating Sundays in the summer, and the community joins together for other events too.
The Radiance Community has friends and former residents who still connect with each other (even though they no longer live in Radiance physically) through the Radiance-talk Listserv.
Looks like we’re still dealing with a major drought (http://drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html ), so here are some useful water conservation tips from the City of Austin Water Conservation office.
Recent Posts and Events
- Bi-weekly potlucks start back up post-holiday in the Dome with Bill Christensen’s birthday party on Jan 15th! You are welcome to come eat and chat even if you are not bringing food to share. There will be cake! Please bring a vegetarian dish, bread, salad or dessert and your own …Read More »
- Texas Women Write (or Wrong!) brings together some spectacular Texas women to perform prose, poetry and a short play. Performers include Jo Carol Pierce, Sharon Ely, Holly Bell, Barbara Lightheart, and Isabella Russell-Ides. Don’t miss this one-night-only feast of words on Saturday, January 7th! Tickets: https://texas-women-write.eventbrite.com/ Jo Carol Pierce, legendary …Read More »
- Early Voting Schedule & Locations Election Day Polling Locations 2016 Sample Ballot – Hays County, TX Voting ID Requirements If you are 65 or older, or if you are traveling, you can vote by mail. 1. Apply for a “vote by mail” ballot using this form: http://www.co.hays.tx.us/Data/Sites/1/media/pdf/departments/elections/abbm-2015-english-address.pdf 2. To …Read More »
- The Prairie Dogs are a uniquely Austin band, featuring a distinctive mix of lively material with a focus on exploring Austin’s rich musical history. Tickets on sale now! (more info to come) Austin Roots, Country/Western, Rock and Roll, Folk https://www.facebook.com/AustinPrairieDogs/home Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/austin-prairie-dogs-tickets-27850642020 Loading Map.... Radiance Dome108 Royal Way - AustinEvents 30.14516 -97.958032 …Read More »
- A quick update on recent and upcoming events: The Chrysta Bell benefit show on August 6, 2016 was a huge success! We filled the Dome with around 175 guests who were treated to music, video, and stories from Chrysta Bell and her extremely talented band. Thanks to the generosity of …Read More »
- Ace pickers let loose on Bluegrass tunes from old to new, originals too, with some serious chops and vocals that will get you moving. They also impart their own flavor to country, jazz, swing, blues and rock. It’s an upbeat show and a finely-honed sound. More details on the band …Read More »
- An Evening With Chrysta Bell: From Austin City Limits to Twin Peaks. Saturday, August 6th, 7pm, Radiance Golden Dome. Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-evening-with-chrysta-bell-from-austin-city-limits-to-twin-peaks-tickets-26087584668 “An Evening With Chrysta Bell: From Austin City Limits to Twin Peaks” is a multi-media performance. Chrysta Bell will offer songs and share video clips and stories …Read More »
- private event… Loading Map.... Radiance Dome108 Royal Way - AustinEvents 30.14516 -97.958032 Date/Time Date(s) - Aug 18 20167:30 pm - 11:30 pm Location Radiance Dome Categories Dome Event Private EventRead More »
- A fundraising concert for the Radiance Foundation. Radiance Dome Map to Radiance Doors open at 7. Laughing Waters featuring Mark Sebly, Bob Slaughter, Lynette Perkins & Mike Fowler performs reggae, folk, bluegrass, Texas Swing. $15 (16 years and older) $5 (less than 16 years old) Bring extra for food and …Read More »
- Art and Consciousness in India and the West: The Quest for the Universal Self A slide talk by Matthew Beaufort, Associate Professor of Humanities at Maharishi University of Management. Everyone is welcome. May 11, Wednesday, 7:30 pm, FREE Radiance Golden Dome outside Austin (directions) This talk explores the world views …Read More »